The MPH program collaborates with schools and departments across the University to offer dual degrees that support you in preparing for a career that spans multiple disciplines.
Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2020!
Contact us if you have questions about your application process.
We partner with 11 programs, including a BA/MPH Integrated Graduate Studies option. Applicants must apply to each program separately.
- MD/MPH (School of Medicine)
- MA/MPH (Department of Bioethics, School of Medicine)
- MSN/MPH (School of Nursing)
- MS/MPH (Department of Nutrition)
- MBA/MPH (Weatherhead School of Management)
- MSM-HC (Weatherhead School of Management)
- MSSA/MPH (Social Administration, Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences)
- DMD/MPH (School of Dentistry)
- JD/MPH (School of Law)
- MA or PhD/MPH (Department of Anthropology, School of Graduate Studies)
- BA/MPH (Integrated Graduate Studies (IGS)
Generally, dual degree students complete both degrees by adding one year of study to the partner degree. For example, an MD student could add one year to the four-year MD Program to complete an MD/MPH dual degree in five years.
In addition to the requirements for the partner degree program, all dual degree students will complete 27 credits of core MPH requirements (18 core credits plus 9 Culminating Experience credits). Of the remaining 15 credits, it is anticipated that 9 will be selected from courses from within the Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, home to the MPH program. The remaining 6 credits can be selected from the list of approved courses in the partner program.
Dual degree students have academic advisors from both the MPH program and the partner school or department with whom they develop a program of study. For more detail about dual degree options and how various schools and departments collaborate, please read our downloadable MPH handbook.
The Director of the MPH Program, assisted by the MPH Administrative Director, coordinates the dual degree programs and provides services for student support. Contacts for collaborating schools and departments are listed in the contacts link.