James Spilsbury, PhD, MPH
firstname.lastname@example.org | 216.368.7559 | Wolstein Research Bldg. Rm 6127
Ph.D. 2002, Anthropology, Case Western Reserve University
MPH. 1985, Health Education, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
B.S. 1981, Biology, Yale University
Effects of home and neighborhood settings on children’s health; child maltreatment.
CRSP 412 Communication in Clinical Research I – Grant Writing
CRSP 413 Communication in Clinical Research II – Oral Presentations, Posters, and the Mass Media
CRSP 505 Investigating Social Determinants of Health
- Haas, BM, Berg, KA, Schmidt-Sane, MM, Korbin, JE, Spilsbury, JC. How might neighborhood built environment influence child maltreatment? Caregiver perceptions. Soc Sci Med 2018; 214 : 171-178. PubMed PMID:30177363 PubMed Central PMC6207936.
- Coulton, CJ, Richter, FG, Korbin, J, Crampton, D, Spilsbury, JC. Understanding trends in neighborhood child maltreatment rates: A three-wave panel study 1990-2010. Child Abuse Negl 2018; 84 : 170-181. PubMed PMID:30103090 .
- Gross-Manos, D, Haas, BM, Richter, F, Crampton, D, Korbin, JE, Coulton, CJ, Spilsbury, JC. Two sides of the same neighborhood? Multilevel analysis of residents' and child-welfare workers' perspectives on neighborhood social disorder and collective efficacy. Am J Orthopsychiatry 2018; : . PubMed PMID:30035561 .
- Spilsbury, JC, Gross-Manos, D, Haas, BM, Bowdrie, K, Richter, F, Korbin, JE, Crampton, DS, Coulton, CJ. Change and consistency in descriptions of child maltreatment: A comparison of caregivers' perspectives 20 years apart. Child Abuse Negl 2018; 82 : 72-82. PubMed PMID:29870865 .
- Spilsbury, JC, Patel, SR, Morris, N, Ehayaei, A, Intille, SS. Household chaos and sleep-disturbing behavior of family members: results of a pilot study of African American early adolescents. Sleep Health 2017; 3 (2): 84-89. PubMed PMID:28346162 PubMed Central PMC5373486.
- Puri, P, Ross, KR, Mehra, R, Spilsbury, JC, Li, H, Levers-Landis, CE, Rosen, CL. Pediatric Positive Airway Pressure Adherence in Obstructive Sleep Apnea Enhanced by Family Member Positive Airway Pressure Usage. J Clin Sleep Med 2016; 12 (7): 959-63. PubMed PMID:27092699 PubMed Central PMC4918996.
- Buxton, OM, Chang, AM, Spilsbury, JC, Bos, T, Emsellem, H, Knutson, KL. Sleep in the modern family: protective family routines for child and adolescent sleep. Sleep Health 2015; 1 (1): 15-27. PubMed PMID:26779564 PubMed Central PMC4712736.
- Spilsbury, JC, Frame, J, Magtanong, R, Rork, K. Sleep Environments of Children in an Urban U.S. Setting Exposed to Interpersonal Violence. Behav Sleep Med ; 14 (6): 585-601. PubMed PMID:26503241 .
- Nadan, Y, Spilsbury, JC, Korbin, JE. Culture and context in understanding child maltreatment: Contributions of intersectionality and neighborhood-based research. Child Abuse Negl 2015; 41 : 40-8. PubMed PMID:25466427 .
- Spilsbury, JC, Storfer-Isser, A, Rosen, CL, Redline, S. Remission and incidence of obstructive sleep apnea from middle childhood to late adolescence. Sleep 2015; 38 (1): 23-9. PubMed PMID:25325456 PubMed Central PMC4262952.