Requirements (31 credits):
- Core curriculum (18 semester credits)
- Track-required courses (9 semester credits)
- Biostatistical Consulting (1 semester credit)
- Internship/Practicum (3 semester credits)
- Written report from internship/practicum serves as MS exam
A full-time student can complete the program in 1 year (fall/spring/summer) taking 13/12/6 credits. Tuition is charged at a given rate per credit up to 12 credits, so when taking 13 credits students are only charged for 12.
Data Management and Statistical Programming (3 credits) PQHS 414
Statistical Methods in Biological and Medical Sciences I (3 credits) PQHS 431
Statistical Methods in Biological and Medical Sciences II (3 credits) PQHS 432
Survival Analysis (3 credits) PQHS 435
- Note: Social and Behavioral Science Track only: Replace Survival Analysis with Longitudinal Data Analysis (PQHS 459)
Categorical Data Analysis (3 credits) PQHS 453
Introduction to Epidemiology (3 credits) PQHS 490
Biostatistical Consulting (1 credit) PQHS 602
Overall Schedule of Classes – Intensive 1-Year Format
|Data Mgmt and Stat. Prog (3 cr)||Statistical Methods II (3 cr)||Categorical Data Analysis (online) (3 cr)|
|Statistical Methods I (3 cr)||Survival Analysis (3 cr)*||Internship/Practicum (3 cr)|
|Intro to Epidemiology (3 cr)||Track Course 2 (3 cr)|
|Biostatistical Consulting (1 cr)||Track Course 3 (3 cr)|
|Track Course 1 (3 cr)|
|13 credits||12 credits||6 credits|
*Students in Social and Behavioral Science track take Longitudinal Data Analysis instead.
Track-required courses are described in the program Overview.