Siran M. Koroukian, PhD
firstname.lastname@example.org | 216.368.5816 | School of Medicine, Wood Bldg. WG-49
2000-2002: National Institutes of Health/ National Cancer Institute Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, Case Western Reserve University (F32 CA84621)
1999: PhD, Health Services Research, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio. Recipient of AHCPR Training Grant (T32 HS00059)
1987: MHA, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 1986 MS Nursing, Obstetrical Care (Maitrise en Sciences Infirmieres), Universite St. Joseph, Beirut, Lebanon
1982: BS Nursing (Licence en Soins Infirmiers), Universite St. Joseph, Beirut, Lebanon
Clinical Quality Award in the area of Integrated Care Research, Ohio Department of Mental Health, 2011
Nominated for the John S. Diekhoff Graduate Student Mentoring Award, 2011
Nominated for Professor-of-the-Year Award, 2006, 2007, 2008
National Institute on Aging Institute on Aging Research (Summer 2005)
Academic Career Development Award, National Cancer Institute (K07 CA96705)
Post Doctoral fellowship with the National Instiutes of Health (F32 CA84621)
Recipient, training grant from AHCPR (T32 HS00059)
The Dekker Foundation Outstanding Student Award, April, 1999
Sloan Program International Prize, 1986-1987
2010: Director, Population and Health Outcomes Research Core, Clinical & Translational Science Collaborative, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University
2008: Associate Professor, Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University
2007-2008: Associate Editor, Health Services Research and Policy, J Immigrant and Minority Health
2004 – Present: Associate Member, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center
2003 – 2008: Assistant Professor, Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, Case Western Reserve University
2001 – 2003: Senior Instructor, Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, Case Western Reserve University
June 2000 – May 2002: National Cancer Institute (NCI) Postdoctoral Fellow
March 2000 – 2002: Technical Advisor to the American University of Armenia (AUA)
March 1995 through June 1995 — Consultant to the Office of Medicaid Policy, Ohio Department of Human Services, Columbus, Ohio
1989-1994 — Social Program Administrator, Office of Medicaid Policy, Ohio Department of Human Services, Columbus, Ohio
1987-1989 — Consultant, Corporate Health Strategies, Inc., Westport, Connecticut
Multimorbidity in older cancer patients
Methodological issues in the use of large databases in health services research
Medicare and Medicaid programs
Cancer-related health services research
- Keptner, KM, Smyth, K, Koroukian, S, Schluchter, M, Furlan, A. Utilization of Rehabilitation Services in Stroke: A Study Utilizing the Health and Retirement Study With Linked Medicare Claims Data. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2019; : . PubMed PMID:31421093 .
- Koroukian, SM, Dong, W, Berger, NA. Changes in Age Distribution of Obesity-Associated Cancers. JAMA Netw Open 2019; 2 (8): e199261. PubMed PMID:31411715 PubMed Central PMC6694395.
- Warner, DF, Koroukian, SM, Schiltz, NK, Smyth, KA, Cooper, GS, Owusu, C, Stange, KC, Berger, NA. Complex Multimorbidity and Breast Cancer Screening Among Midlife and Older Women: The Role of Perceived Need. Gerontologist 2019; 59 (Suppl 1): S77-S87. PubMed PMID:31100139 PubMed Central PMC6524759.
- Olaisen, RH, Flocke, SA, Smyth, KA, Schluchter, MD, Koroukian, SM, Stange, KC. Developing a New Measure of Primary Care Using the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey. Med Care 2019; 57 (6): 475-481. PubMed PMID:31033849 .
- Reimer, AP, Schiltz, NK, Ho, VP, Madigan, EA, Koroukian, SM. Applying Supervised Machine Learning to Identify Which Patient Characteristics Identify the Highest Rates of Mortality Post-Interhospital Transfer. Biomed Inform Insights 2019; 11 : 1178222619835548. PubMed PMID:30911219 PubMed Central PMC6425528.
- Kim, U, Rose, J, Koroukian, S. Access and Affordability in Low- to Middle-Income Individuals Insured Through Health Insurance Exchange Plans: Analysis of Statewide Data. J Gen Intern Med 2019; 34 (6): 792-795. PubMed PMID:30680602 PubMed Central PMC6544773.
- Ho, VP, Schiltz, NK, Reimer, AP, Madigan, EA, Koroukian, SM. High-Risk Comorbidity Combinations in Older Patients Undergoing Emergency General Surgery. J Am Geriatr Soc 2019; 67 (3): 503-510. PubMed PMID:30506953 PubMed Central PMC6402956.
- Basu, J, Hanchate, A, Koroukian, S. Multiple Chronic Conditions and Disparities in 30-Day Hospital Readmissions Among Nonelderly Adults. J Ambul Care Manage ; 41 (4): 262-273. PubMed PMID:29771742 .
- Owusu, C, Schluchter, M, Koroukian, SM, Schmitz, KH, Berger, NA. Black-white disparity in physical performance among older women with newly diagnosed non-metastatic breast cancer: Exploring the role of inflammation and physical activity. J Geriatr Oncol 2018; 9 (6): 613-619. PubMed PMID:29699938 .
- Ammori, JB, Navale, S, Schiltz, N, Koroukian, SM. Predictors of 30-day readmissions after gastrectomy for malignancy. J. Surg. Res. 2018; 224 : 176-184. PubMed PMID:29506837 .